, , , , , , , ,

Are You Missing Out on Worldly Pleasures?

From time to time, you may
read me referencing to my late father and that's because, even though my time with him was limited, I learned important things that every little girl should learn from her father.

Another memory of him, is in 6th grade as he drove me to school, we saw a girl a little older than me all alone on a bench to herself with her head down reading. The other crowds of kids were far from her. To some it may seem like she didn't have any friends but to others like my father, it may have meant sometimes its good to stay to yourself instead of being surrounded by a big circle of friends whom may mean you harm. I remember him saying, "See, ain't nothing wrong with being by yourself sometimes. Its good to be different. Its good to be set apart."

Those words bring me to this post. Being set apart. But are you missing out if you do? Are you missing out on the latest gossip or drama? Are you missing out on weekend plans in clubs or bars? I will confidently answer questions with absolutely not.

If you're a young lady in Christ reading this, I want you to know there is nothing wrong with being different. Being different to some may mean you're weird. But remember your worth in Christ. Remember you're striving for a crown of life and that crown is far more precious than anything on this earth. Yes, anything! Careers, relationships, friendships, material possessions. Remember this world will pass away. These things are only temporary. Earthly titles and achievements don't matter. There won't be a celebration in heaven for those, but instead a meeting around the throne to meet the King. Also, if you're a young lady that's not in the body of Christ I encourage you to seek others walking the narrow path. Be encouraged that being a Christian doesn't mean you're missing out.  Be encouraged that our souls are not a game and be reminded of where your soul may be if Christ returns and you're in the middle of sin.

Ladies I encourage you to be an example to other young women. You may be the only bible someone reads which may have a great impact on their lives. You have the ability to lead another young woman to Christ by your words and actions. So be content in your decisions to be set apart and about your heavenly father's business on a Friday or Saturday night versus being in someone's club, asking for that next drink or feigning for that next ounce of drugs. Romans 12:2 reminds us not to be conformed to this world. Its simply not worth it. Its not worth the pain or tears the world offers and its certainly not worth eternal separation from our Lord and Savior.

2 comments:

  1. Great post Danielle! I needed to read this so I can keep being different. My journey shall continue in my walk with Christ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm glad this post benefited you. We live in a world where everything wrong is considered right. The word of God never changes, unlike this world. Continue to walk the journey with Christ. He's watching and he's proud. Remember the word says, “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it." (Matt 7:13-14) Stay encouraged!

      Delete