,

Our Virtues Series: Getting Real, Interview With Gretchen Carlson

As part of Memoirs of a Virtuous Woman's "Our Virtues" series, that highlights influential women in the body of Christ, this interview encourages young women struggling to be bold in their faith and their self worth.

As a reporter, to interview FOX News Channel's Gretchen Carlson, is a pleasure. Not only because she's a veteran journalist that I can learn so much from, but more importantly we share the same values of faith. After learning Gretchen published her first book, "Getting Real" I knew she was the perfect fit for my mission here at Memoirs of a Virtuous Woman-To let other women know that they aren't alone in their struggles. To let them know that God's unchanging hand is never letting go and to let them know that if you stray away from the narrow path, he's always waiting to welcome you home.

I admire Gretchen for her boldness as she has that platform to do so as she mentioned during the interview, "If people happen to see me on the streets or recognize me, the number one thing people say to me is, thank you so much for talking about your faith in a public forum."

I also admire her for her strength in her past struggles. One of which as she mentioned to me was getting fired shortly after she married. She's walked the tough rope and she's encouraging others to do the same. She goes on to say one of three bible verses that she has taped to her daybook is Isaiah 41:10 which tells us, "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God, I will strengthen you and help you. I will uphold you with my righteous hand."

May her encouragement uplift you as you  listen  to "Memoirs of a Virtuous Woman's interview with Gretchen, below. For more about Gretchen or her book "Getting Real," visit gretchencarlson.com.


0 comments:

Post a Comment