Are You Waiting on God's Best?

So many times as humans we seem to think that we have or should take matters into our own hands instead of waiting on God.
Photo Credit: Contributing photographer
Shelby Steckbaur
For more of Shelby's work visit

I recently had a dream with the word wait constantly appearing. I remember writing the word wait several times and speaking of it in the dream. I would have to say it was one of the most random dreams I've had lately, leaving me to wake up and be as any smart writer or reporter that I am to take notes. I began asking myself, is there something that I'm not waiting upon the Lord for? What is the Lord trying to tell me? Obviously, it's something right.

A few night's ago, at the end of the conversation with my mama, we were sharing what we'd learned at church that day. The sermon she heard was on patience and the one I heard was quite similar. So I'm laying in bed staring at a dark ceiling, still wondering what am I not being patient for. And now I'm asking you, what are you not being patient for? Is a job promotion? A job in general? Your finances? Your family-friends? What ever your case may be, I want to remind you that God only wants the best for us. Stop taking matters into your own hands, creating situations he never intended you to be in. Stop entering relationships that aren't authored by God. Stop settling for less than you deserve in any are of your life.  Wipe the frown off your face because you're not being rewarded for your loyalty on your job. Just simply stop! Because anything that is for you, is for you and only you. God has a plan for you. Placing your life completely in the unchanging hands of God and faithfully living for him should be your focus, while waiting on your gift of blessings to arrive.

Stay encouraged!

 "I wait for the Lord, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope. My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning: I say, more than they that watch for the morning"~Psalm 130:5-6

0 comments:

Post a Comment